Getting Here / Around
1. Fly directly into Sun Valley (Friedman Memorial Airport-SUN), 12 miles south of Sun Valley/Ketchum in Hailey, ID.
Delta Air Lines--servicing Salt Lake City, Seattle & Los Angeles:
- SLC-SUN: Daily 2x a day year round, a third flight is added June 12 - September 29th running daily
- LAX-SUN: June 17 - August 27th on Saturdays & Sundays
- SEA-SUN (New Flight): June 12 - August 26 on Saturdays
Alaska Airlines--servicing Seattle and Los Angeles:
- SEA-SUN: Daily from June 9 - September 17 | Additional varying service July 1 - Septmber 3
- LAX-SUN: Daily from June 9 - September 17 | Additional service Thursday, Friday & Sun September 21 - October 15
- PDX-SUN (New Flight): June 14th - September 16 on Wednesday & Saturday
United Express--servicing San Francisco and Denver:
- SFO-SUN: Daily from June 10 - September 5
- DEN-SUN: Daily from June 30 - September 5
Sun Valley Weather Hotlines:
Alaska- 208-788-1281 prompt #4
For more information on weather diversions, click here.
For the most current flight schedule, please visit Fly Sun Valley Alliance's website here.
The schedule is available for download at the bottom of this page.
2. Fly directly into Boise (BOI), 150 miles southwest of Sun Valley, with: United Airlines, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, US Airways, Alaska Air and Allegiant Air.
3. Fly into Twin Falls Airport (TWI), 90 miles south of Sun Valley, is served by Delta/Skywest
4. Fly into Idaho Falls (IDA), 150 miles east of Sun Valley, is served by Delta/Skywest, Allegiant Air and United Express
5. Private on-demand charter flights are available through Jackson Jet Center and Sun Valley Air Club. See listings below.
Daily shuttles from Boise are available on the Sun Valley Express (twice daily) and will take visitors directly to Sun Valley. Also the Salt Lake City airport is just 4.5 hours away.
Getting Around Town
1. Rental Cars- The three major rental car companies in the area are:
- Avis (208)788-2382- located at the Friedman Memorial Airport Terminal at 1616 Airport Way in Hailey, ID
- Hertz (208)788-4548- also located at the terminal
- Enterprise (208)578-1156- down the road from the airport at 1220 Airport Way. Call for pickups and reservations.
2. Mountain Rides Transportation Authority
Catch the new "Ride and Fly" Airport express bus from Friedman Memorial with 5 departures per day (through March 26). Fares are $12 to/from Ketchum and $4 to/from Hailey (youth and senior are half price).
When you visit Sun Valley, it's a breeze to get around. No need to rent a car; just hop on one of the FREE and easy Mountain Rides buses that will get you where you need to go around Ketchum and Sun Valley. With four "Around Town" routes in the Summer and six in the Winter, it's easy to get to your many destinations including Dollar and Bald Mountain, Ketchum Town Square, Sun Valley Resort, and dozens of other stops. Bus schedules differ by route, with many coming as often as every 15 minutes. And skis, snowboards, and bicycles are no sweat! All of the buses are equipped with ski and bike racks to handle your recreational equipment.
- Daily, free bus service is available to Sun Valley, Warm Springs, River Run Plaza, Dollar Mountain, Downtown Ketchum, and Elkhorn Springs.
- The Valley Route serves Bellevue, Hailey, Ketchum, and Sun Valley. It currently runs every 30 minutes during the peak commute time, hourly midday, and late evening trips Monday through Friday until 11pm. On Weekends and Holidays the Valley bus runs every 2-3 hours from 6:30am to 8:00pm
- The Hailey Route serves downtown Hailey, Community Campus, St. Luke’s Hailey Clinic and Friedman Airport and Woodside plus deviations to the Senior Connection. It currently runs hourly from 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday only. There is no holiday or weekend service.
Pick up a schedule at the Visitor Center located at 491 Sun Valley Road in Ketchum, ID.