Thanksgiving is a special time of year in Sun Valley. Baldy opens on Thanksgiving Day marking the changing of the seasons from beloved fall to the even more beloved winter. For those visiting the Valley for this holiday, we’ve rounded up the best Ketchum has to offer for what to eat, where to stay, and things to do for Thanksgiving weekend.
Where to Eat
For those that might not have had the time to whip up their own Thanksgiving feast, several options are open for a traditional Thanksgiving meal in town:
- Thanksgiving at The Ram will be offering a 3-course pre-fixed menu with all of your Thanksgiving favorites including a choice of Holiday Turkey with whipped potato and cranberry chutney and Roasted Pumpkin & Vanilla Cheesecake for dessert. Make a reservation by calling the Guest Center at (208) 622-2135
Thanksgiving at Gretchen’s will be offering their regular menu with additional Thanksgiving classic offerings. Feast on an herb-roasted turkey, sausage stuffing, and a classic pumpkin pie. Make a reservation by calling the Guest Center at (208) 622-2135
- Full Moon Dinner’s at Galena Lodge Saturday November 20th, 6:30pm
- The Sawtooth Club will host a set menu with different entrée options from 2-7pm reservations required
- CK’s Real Food Indoor dinning with limited spaced seating from 4:00 until 8:00. It is a 4-course meal for $68.00. Limited take-out also available.
- The Grill at Knob Hill we serve a special Thanksgiving menu starting at 3pm reservations needed (208) 726-8004
- If looking for something a little non-traditional, La Cabanita Mexican restaurant will be open until 4pm.
- The Limelight Lounge: opens at 4 pm will have a special menu item added to the menu.
- Sun Valley Take-Home Thanksgiving Feast. Bring the tradition home this year! We are happy to once again be able to provide our guests and community with a gourmet take-out Thanksgiving dinner this year. Dinner for 4: $229 + tax & gratuity/Dinner for 2: $119 + tax & gratuity. Thanksgiving take-out must be reserved in advance. To view menu and for more information click HERE or call (208) 622-2135.
- The Haven will be open for takeout and catering the day before Thanksgiving. Orders must be placed by Thursday November 18. To place the order, print menu, fill it out, take a photo and email back to [email protected]
- Rasberry’s will be available for catering leading up to Thanksgiving and only open for catering pickups on the day of.
Make Your Own
If you’re looking to make your own dinner, stock up at one of the local grocery stores. Turkeys are available for pre-order and several grocery stores will be open the day of:
Where to Stay
Numerous spots are available to make your Thanksgiving holiday feel like home. Sun Valley offers an Opening Day weekend package that includes lodging at the Sun Valley Lodgeor the Sun Valley Inn, lift tickets, and their Thanksgiving buffet.
This the hottest new spot in town with modern rooms, outdoor heated pool and hot tub, and The Hangout downstairs complete with bar, snacks, and games.
A modern, classic hotel experience complete with downstairs bar, lounge, and restaurant and prime location on Main Street.
Located on the north end of Ketchum, has beautiful rooms and a world-class restaurant and bar downstairs.
The Best Western Kentwood is a great spot located on Main Street just a short walk from the River Run lift area.
If the lodging scene isn’t on par with you and your families needs, there are plenty of vacation rentals available through VRBO, Airbnb, and more.
What to Do
Ski the Opener
The biggest activity of Thanksgiving weekend is, of course, skiing and snowboarding to celebrate the opening weekend of Bald Mountain.
There’s plenty to do whether the snow has hit or not. If the ground is still dry, take a day hike up Adam’s Gulch or Proctor in Ketchum or Carbonate in Hailey. If the snow has dumped, rent some snowshoes and hike to the top anyway!
Head Up North
A drive up north from Ketchum is beautiful no matter what time of year. Head to Galena Lodge for a Nordic ski or snowshoe if snow allows or simply walk around and enjoy a lunch in the lodge. Continue north to Stanley for a day in the Sawtooths and take a dip in the local hot springs.
Get Some Exercise
Head to one of the local gyms like the YMCA or Zenergy to take in a workout class to work off that Thanksgiving meal! If the weather is nice, a nice walk on the bike path will take you through some beautiful parts of town.
The Resort offers plenty of year-round amenities like bowling, visiting their day spa, ice skating, or swimming in their heated pool in addition to fun
Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the holiday season and that means holiday shopping! Ketchum has tons of great shopping to offer whether it’s clothes from Elle Rose, Silver Creek Outfitters, or Sway to outdoor gear from Sturtevant’s and Elephant’s Perch to skis and snowboards from the Board Bin and PK’s to stocking stuffers and goods from Girl Friday and Independent Goods.