Beginning October 2019, Sun Valley Culinary Institute will offer culinary training courses to entry level and foodservice professionals along with classes for local food enthusiasts. This higher education facility will provide opportunities to develop and maintain talent for a world-class culinary hub in the Wood River Valley. SVC will also host unique food events, strengthen our community’s food systems and partner with local organizations to promote healthy living programs.
SVC, the first higher education facility in the North Valley, will be a place to gather, innovate, educate, and celebrate the culinary arts. Partnerships with educational providers like College of Southern Idaho and the Blaine County School District will support this new national culinary education model. SVC will also partner with local Not-for-Profit organizations to support health, wellness, nutrition and lifestyle programs that benefit the citizens of our Valley. The reach of the Sun Valley Culinary Institute will directly improve the local economy and quality of life for local residents.
Immediate Tangible Benefits:
- Increased tourism visits & tax receipts
- Reduced economic seasonality
- Attraction of scarce hospitality talent
- Promotion of new events
- Strengthening of the area’s food industry
High-value programs for the community:
- Educational scholarships & paid apprenticeships for students
- Skills courses for industry professionals
- Creative culinary courses for locals & tourists
- Attraction of younger hospitality talent