Sun Valley Chalks Up Broad List of Awards
2013-14 has been a big year for the Sun Valley region, not the least of which due to several awards bestowed on the destination for its world class outdoor recreation, pristine natural environment, robust arts and culture community and overall appeal as an idyllic mountain town.
Some of the highlights for the past seasons include:
· 2013 Best 12 Small Art Towns in United States – ArtPlace Magazine
· 2013 #4 Best Ski Resort in United States – Ski Magazine
· 2013 Top 10 Travel Destinations in the US – Lonely Planet
· 2013 Top 10 Ice Rinks in the US – Huffington Post
· 2013 Top 8 Ski Towns in North America – Powder Magazine
· 2013 Top 10 Ski Destinations in North America (#2) – USA Today
· 2013 Top 5 Funky Festivals in the US (Trailing of the Sheep) – USA Today
· 2013 Top 5 Bike Festivals in the US (Ride Sun Valley) – Outside Magazine
· 2014 Best Ski Destinations in US – Walls Street Journal
· 2014 Top 20 Small Towns to Visit – Smithsonian Magazine
· 2014 Top 10 Places to Ski in the US – Travel Guidepost
· 2014 Top 5 Romantic Ski Destinations – Curbed Magazine Network
As the country looks for places where a feeling of place and community thrive amid a wild and scenic natural environment, Sun Valley continues to be recognized. Known for its small town, almost throwback quality of life and lack of crowds while still offering some of the best arts and culture and outdoor recreation anywhere, Sun Valley quietly is moving to the forefront of the destination tourism and adventure travel conversation.