Become a Member
Dear Members and Potential Members,
Visit Sun Valley would like to invite you to join our organization or renew your membership and benefit from our efforts to raise awareness of Sun Valley and increase visitation to the area. We are continuing with our lower membership dues this year to that we can encourage greater participation from all area businesses.
To raise awareness of Sun Valley and increase visitor traffic from our target markets.
Sun Valley will be recognized as a leader in mountain resort lifestyle through sports, recreation arts and culture.
Together with our partners, we have achieved the following results in 2016:
- Increased room nights sold by 15% over the previous year
- Increased website visits to www.visitsunvalley.com by 35%
- Increased total visitation to the Sun Valley area by over 20%
- Received numerous “top destination” lists via the mainstream media including Forbes
Our Focus for 2016/17
In the coming year, marketing efforts will continue at an increased level thanks to the additional funds available through the LOT initiative. These additional dollars are used specifically for air service markets, including San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Denver, New York and Chicago. Core funding is used for marketing in regional and niche markets such as Boise, Salt Lake City, Portland, Events, Nordic and Mountain Biking. We will continue our efforts to engage a younger audience (25-55) and to close the gap between winter and summer. Winter remains the greatest period of need and currently sits 10 points behind summer in terms of visitation. The winter/summer marketing split will be approximately 60/40. We center our marketing around five annual campaigns including: winter (Alpine), Nordic, mountain biking, summer recreation/arts and culture and events.
Diann Craven- City of Ketchum
Dave Syferd- City of Sun Valley
Kristin Poole- Membership
Tim Silva- Sun Valley Resort
Olin Glenne (Chair)- At large
Website presence on www.visitsunvalley.com
Individual listings allowing for business descriptions, contact information, multiple images, website links,videos, menus, etc.
Inclusion in the most complete and up-to-date event calendar and business directory for the area
Representation/sales via central reservations (for lodging members)
Presence on the 'Deals/Specials' page
Referral to your business by knowledgeable and friendly Visitor Center staff
Opportunity to provide product knowledge sessions to Visitor Center staff
Stocking of your brochures, publications and other collateral
Digital display of event posters and videos
Access to member documents section of the website to view the latest operational highlights, press releases, advertising materials, research findings and fellow member contact information
Opportunity to communicate your press releases, promos, alerts, etc., with other members via weekly community newsletter
Access to weekly Occupancy Report- hotel/condo performance and comparisons to previous years
Access to monthly Visitor and Room night Estimate Report
- Participation in "Kids Ski Free" promotion for lodging guests whereby kids 12 and under ski free
- Participation in discounted lift ticket programs for lodging guest packages
- Visit Sun Valley Gift Certificates- Participation in our gift certificate program- 100% reimbursement
Fellow Member Offers (for new, not returning, members)
- YMCA- 5 free day passes
- The Sawtooth Club- Gift card to enjoy 2 dinner entrees for the price of one
- The Elephant’s Perch- One free seasonal rental package (bike or ski)
- Nourishing Roots Community Acupuncture- One free acupuncture treatment
- Sturtevants- Gift certificate for one free bike or ski tune
- Rasberrys- Free (chef's choice) dessert coupon
Becoming a Member
If you are interested in becoming a member of Visit Sun Valley or renewing your existing membership please contact:
Membership Coordinator and Visitor Services
Existing Member Log-In
Existing members with accounts on the Visit Sun Valley website can log in here to update their information.